Friday, March 4, 2011

Second lesson

First, now that I have a couple people following this blog, I want to say don't worry - I don't plan on making an entry after every single lesson.  That would be tedious even to me.  But part of the purpose of this blog is to record the formative steps of a pipe band, so I do want to get some of these early lessons in.

Yesterday we had about a two dozen officers in class, and half of them were there for the first time.  This is about the same number as last week, so I don't know if the "missing" officers from last week have dropped out, weren't able to make the class or attended Monday's session.

By point of clarification, Neil teaches class twice a week - Mondays at 1700 hours and Thursdays at 1230 hours.  We're only expected to attend one of them, depending on our shift hours.

We reviewed and worked on the scales, as well as simple practice tunes and transitions from D to E.

As far as the band itself, we cast votes for the president, vice president, treasurer and board positions.  The officers all ran unopposed, so it was really for forms sake.  But we did have to choose members for board positions.

Quote of the day: "...you've got to flatten your fingers and feel for the hole..."

I think I was the only one who saw a double entendre in this.

Perhaps I've been working sex crimes too long.....

No comments:

Post a Comment